FSU Coastal and Marine Laboratory Open House
October 16, 2021
- This event has passed.
FSUCML Open House highlights the importance of improving human awareness of the tight linkages between healthy ecosystems and healthy societies. Think of our local habitats — seagrass meadows, oyster reefs, salt marshes, and other wetlands that protect their inhabitants, retain sediments and dampen storm surge, filter the air and water of pollutants, and fix carbon, thereby helping to curtail carbon dioxide buildup in the atmosphere while capturing nutrients for plant growth. Our Open House celebrates FSU’s scientists and their graduate students by providing an opportunity to showcase scientific knowledge of the land and sea. Also, several state and local environmental organizations will be on hand with educational booths.
Throughout the day you can:
- Tour the R/V Apalachee, our 65-ft research vessel
- Check out the Shark Jaw Display
- Discover everything you want to know about Deep-Sea Corals
- Hunt for hints about protecting our oceans and coastline in the Scavenger Hunt
- Try picking up goodies with a Remotely Operated Vehicle (ROV)
- Bid on items in the silent auction
View more events at FloridasForgottenCoast.com
FSU Marine Lab
St. Teresa, FL 32358 United States