Friendship Programs: Crafts, Art, Stories, and Games
June 19 @ 2:00 pm - June 23 @ 3:00 pm
- This event has passed.
The Franklin County Public Library’s Summer Reading Program kicks off with week one, June 19-23, at the Franklin County Public Libraries. Summer Reading is an annual program that brings children, teens, and families into local public libraries for reading and activities. Both library branches will have fun activities for both kids and adults during this program under the theme of “All Together Now”. Library programs are free and open to the public and participants do not need a library card to participate.
This year’s slogan, ALL TOGETHER NOW, is a perfect slogan to bring everyone together no matter their age, socio-economic status, political affiliation, or location! Everyone can all find a book to fit their interests and maybe make some friends in the process. Centered around Kindness, Friendship, and Unity, this year’s theme comes with endless opportunities to enjoy the library’s resources and connect with the community.
Week One (June 19th-23rd) “Friends Forever” (Friendship)
• June 19th- Friendship Bracelets 2:00 PM @ both branches. Bring a friend and make beaded friendship bracelets.
• June 20th- Bad Art Contest 2:00 PM @ both branches. Are you a Michelangelo or more of a Michelangel-no? Create art that is purposely bad for a chance to win a trophy and a prize.
• June 21st- Kindness Rock Painting 2:00 PM @ both branches. Paint rocks with kind and uplifting messages for our rock garden.
• June 22nd – Photo Collage Making 11:00 AM @ Eastpoint; 2:00 PM @ Carrabelle. Make a beautiful photo collage of friends and family on canvas.
• June 22nd- Story Time 11:00 AM @ Carrabelle; 2:00 PM @ Eastpoint. Story Hour for ages 4-6 centered around the theme of friendship.
• June 23rd- Friends Trivia Game 2:00 PM @ both branches. Bring a friend and enjoy a friendship-themed trivia game.
Franklin County Public Library Eastpoint Branch is located at 160 Hickory Dip Rd, Eastpoint, FL. For more information about Eastpoint Library activities, contact the Eastpoint Branch Library at (850) 670-8151. The Carrabelle Branch Library is located at 311 St. James Ave. SE (Hwy 98), Carrabelle. For more information on Carrabelle activities, call the Carrabelle Branch at (850) 697-2366. Or go to https://fcpl.wildernesscoast.org/summer-reading.
The Summer Reading Program is sponsored by the Friends of the Franklin County Public Libraries. Friends of Franklin County Public Libraries is a 501(c)(3) organization that supports the Franklin County Public Libraries in Eastpoint and Carrabelle, Florida.
View more events at FloridasForgottenCoast.com
Friends of Franklin County Public Libraries
311 St. James Avenue SE (US Hwy 98)
Carrabelle, FL 32322 United States